The treatment of hemorrhoids varies from person to person, but before proceeding with treatment, we must know that hemorrhoids are small blood vessels that protrude and swell in the rectum (internal hemorrhoids) or the anus (external hemorrhoids):
- Internal hemorrhoids: If the rectum is called internal hemorrhoids, over time it begins to bleed during bowel movements, often accompanied by itching and inflammation in the rectal area.
- External hemorrhoids: They are lumps that hang outside the anus, especially after a bowel movement, and are accompanied by swelling, itching and severe pain.
- We point out here that while hemorrhoids can appear at any age and regardless of gender, they affect more people between the ages of 45 and 65 years.
- Global estimates indicate that approximately 50% of the population suffers from one form or another of hemorrhoids or its consequences in terms of pain or symptoms.
The most common symptoms of hemorrhoids
- Intense itching around the anus
- Irritation and pain around the anus
- Pain, itching, or swelling near the anus
- stool leakage
What is the biggest problem with hemorrhoids motivate the patient to treat?
True hemorrhoidal crisis can be a cause (severe pain) caused by abnormal expansion of hemorrhoids around and inside the anus and rectum.
The main causes of hemorrhoids
1- Constipation is one of the main causes of hemorrhoids, as it makes you work harder during bowel movements.
2- A sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity can lead to a loss of rectal tension, which may worsen symptoms.
3- Hemorrhoids can also be found in the food on your plate because a diet low in fiber (it promotes constipation) can also cause it.
4- Spicy food or spicy food or eating hot peppers.
5- Persistent chronic diarrhea.
6- Pregnant women are more susceptible to this phenomenon: Hemorrhoids can occur during the first months of pregnancy as well as after childbirth.
To reduce the risk of developing hemorrhoids, it is best to eat foods rich in fiber to facilitate the passage of stool through the rectum.
Hemorrhoids treatment in Istanbul
The truth is certain, as our center in Turkey has a very high success rate in treating hemorrhoids and permanent removal of hemorrhoids using laser technology, which we will continue to follow afterwards.
But before that, we will review the natural sequence of hemorrhoids treatment regimens and the internationally recognized regimes that we follow in our clinics in Turkey..
What is the initial treatment plan, then?
- The first stages of treating hemorrhoids are to treat the constipation that causes them, by eating a balanced diet rich in fiber and drinking at least 1.5 liters of water per day.
- On the other hand, corticosteroid ointments provide rapid pain relief. Intravenous medications may also be prescribed to stimulate venous circulation.
- Intravenous medications may also be prescribed to stimulate venous circulation.
- Also, be careful not to force your bowel movements too hard, and continue massaging your bowels with the oil on a regular basis, along with exercises that help not to have “hard” stools.
- Avoid sitting on the toilet seat for long periods of time, as this can relax the rectal muscles and slow the flow of blood to the anal area.
- In the case of prolapse, if the external hemorrhoid does not recover on its own after defecation in the anus, it is recommended to push it back into the anal canal with the fingertips and gently massage with the ointment. This actually allows the external hemorrhoids to enter the normal circulation and then deflate.
- Finally, in cases of exacerbation of symptoms and exposure to recurrent hemorrhoidal crises, laser treatment or other solutions for hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids laser treatment in Istanbul
Laser treatment of hemorrhoids has become possible with the advancement of medical methods and techniques used. The laser line is passed into the swollen vein. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia for a short period of time.
Laser treatment of hemorrhoids is painless or bleeding, and people with hemorrhoids can quickly return to their normal daily lives without the need for wound dressings or medications.
Applying a laser beam to the swollen veins shrinks them from their original position, making them less likely to bulge again.
Laser treatment of hemorrhoids – frequently asked questions
1- Does laser treatment for hemorrhoids cause rectal stenosis?
of course not. Conversely, after surgery, the swollen veins shrink to release and relax the rectum.
2- How long does the patient need to stay in the hospital after laser treatment of hemorrhoids?
Go out on the same day
3- Can any patient use laser to treat hemorrhoids?
Most people with hemorrhoids can treat hemorrhoids with a laser. However, for hemorrhoids of the fourth degree, additional applications are made.
4- What are the advantages of laser treatment for hemorrhoids?
The process is simple, takes place in a short period of time and does not cause any pain.
5- Do hemorrhoids come back after laser treatment?
Using laser beams on the roots of the swollen blood vessels will permanently shrink them and they will only come back in very rare and easily treatable cases.
To request a free consultation about hemorrhoids treatment in Istanbul, click here to contact the medical team directly
Read also: Hollywood Smile in Turkey – Hollywood Smile