Obesity is not a temporary condition or a problem that is easy to get rid of, we are not talking about some fatty accumulations in the abdomen and flanks, but rather about an increase in fat mass almost double
Medical development has contributed to the emergence of an important specialty called and known as the specialty of obesity surgery, which is a group of surgical and medical operations and procedures aimed at losing weight during a certain period.
Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey for foreigners
Turkey is currently one of the most advanced countries in the world thanks to the great prosperity it witnessed in various fields at the beginning of the century, as it was classified as one of the major industrialized countries and became one of the world’s leading medical tourism destinations. Turkey is a republic, its political capital is the city of Ankara, and its administrative organization is the lira is the official currency.
Turkey ranks 9th in the world in terms of the number of plastic surgeons according to the classification of the International Society of Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS), which means that it guarantees you the best gastric sleeve doctors in Turkey and access to the highest level of healthcare operations during and after.
There are several surgical methods of sleeve gastrectomy, the most common of which is the addition of a medical bandage around the upper part of the stomach, which reduces its ability to absorb food, thus reducing the portion of an individual’s food, while in other cases, a portion of the stomach is cut open, estimated at 15% of the original size. Low cost of many gastric sleeve surgeries in Turkey besides, they all achieved good results.
The difference between gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery
As mentioned before, Turkey has a good reputation in the field of obesity surgery because it offers the latest technologies like closed and robotic surgery at a much lower cost than other countries. Plastic surgeons in Turkey confirm that half of their patients are from abroad, so Turkey has become a leading medical tourism destination.
But if you are taking a step in the process of losing weight, how do you decide which option is best for you, be sure that your doctor will assess your condition and help you choose, but here is some important information about sleeve gastrectomy compared to gastric bypass surgery:
- Sleeve gastrectomy is safer than gastric bypass surgery because the risk of complications is 3%, compared to 5% for gastric bypass surgery.
- Sleeve gastrectomy is more suitable for people who have undergone multiple abdominal surgeries because it relies on the upper abdomen and is less affected by scar tissue than previous surgeries.
- Sleeve gastrectomy is suitable for patients with higher risks, such as heart and lung problems, due to the shorter anesthesia time and faster recovery.
- Eating a lot of fat can reduce the space inside the abdomen. Surgeons need space during gastric bypass surgery, so patients who weigh more than 450 pounds are the best candidates for gastric bypass surgery.
- Gastric bypass surgery can affect the body’s absorption of medications, so patients with stable chronic mental problems are not suitable for antidepressant and anxiety medications, and gastric sleeves are preferable.
Advantages and benefits of gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey
Sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Turkey guarantees many advantages that are among the most important reasons for Turkey’s position in this medical field, most notably:
- The price of gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey is much lower than the world average
- Provides the highest level of comfort and luxury throughout your stay, as well as access to many additional services
- Various options, alternatives and offers such as balloon surgery in Turkey at less than the cost of gastric banding with similar results
- Easily get the best gastric sleeve surgery doctors in Turkey and perform the procedure under the supervision of a team of experienced and qualified specialists
- Access to the highest standard of health care during your recovery
- Easily obtain visas and complete travel procedures
The disadvantages of performing this type of surgery in Turkey are in some ways related to medical aspects, such as the difficulty of the local language that hinders tourists from communicating with their surroundings and often forcing them to request the services of an interpreter.
The difference in gastric bypass surgery price estimates in Turkey can also be seen as a double-edged sword, as medical institutions generally offer competitive prices, but the price of gastric bypass surgery in major hospitals in Turkey is higher than that of an average volume. Medical centers or private clinics the same surgery.
This difference in prices exposes customers to an unlimited number of offers, and although this is an ostensible advantage, it is difficult to compare and requires a lot of scrutiny when choosing.
The cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey
The estimate of the price of gastric bypass surgery in Turkey in general depends on several factors, the most important of which are the following:
- Types of techniques used in sleeve gastrectomy
- The position of the doctor in charge of surgery and the number of years of his experience
- The level of benefits offered by the medical institution
Sleeve gastrectomy surgery costs between $4,000 and $5,500 in medical centers and private clinics, while the average price for the same procedure in a major hospital starts at $10,000 and can double in some cases.
This difference in price is due to the level of luxury and health care provided by these centers, and it can also be circumvented by resorting to alternative methods of treating obesity; For example, the average price of an operation
Liposuction operations in Turkey