Eyes are sensitive and important bodily organs, and they are one of the bodily parts that have aesthetic and functional characteristics in people. People ask about the level of ophthalmology in Turkey, given that Turkey is one of the countries that provides treatment and health services at reasonable prices and costs and of good quality compared to other European countries.
In this article, we will tell you about ophthalmology in Turkey and the available departments
Is ophthalmology in Turkey at a good level?
Turkey has many modern medical hospitals with the latest medical equipment and professional medical staff, which makes Turkey a distinguished country in the field of ophthalmology, and Turkey ranks first in the world in the number of eye surgeries performed on foreign patients.
Your medical treatment is characterized by the latest diagnostic technology provided by the most skilled specialists in the field of vision correction.
Advantages of eye treatment in Turkey
The number of tourists who came to Turkey for ophthalmology, hair transplantation and dental treatment in the first quarter of 2021 amounted to about 125 thousand tourists, and due to many advantages, most of the tourists who prefer Turkey for treatment are from European countries:
- Turkish hospitals provide the best types of ophthalmology services with the latest advanced technologies and various treatments and are ISO quality as well as JCI certificates. In addition, they are available 24 hours a day throughout the year to provide the best treatment for eye problems and diseases, and these eye hospitals start a new era in this field. Specialized hospitals in Turkey.
- There are expert doctors because Turkish hospitals provide the highest level of healthcare to doctors who specialize in this type of surgery and have performed thousands of surgeries during their career.
- Professional medical education, doctors are educated and trained in the most prestigious and best world-class Turkish academic universities, especially in the field of medicine and the latest technologies.
- It provides the best equipment and devices for use during surgery, including robotics and Sirius 3D corneal analysis devices.
- The success rate is very high because Turkish hospitals have a long experience and a long history of success in eye surgery.
Eye treatment departments in Turkey
Due to the use of multiple technologies in modern centers and hospitals, there are many treatments available in Turkey, including:
- LASIK surgery, diastolic surgery, femto-LASIK surgery, and smile surgery
- Retinal Disease Operations
- Lens implants
- Strabismus correction
- Prosthetic eyes in Turkey
- keratoconus surgeries
- Cataract operations
- Myopia correction surgeries
- Farsightedness corrections
- Uveitis treatment
Femto LASIK operations
Laser surgery to address refraction problems such as height, shortness, and aberrations has evolved to the point where we reached the common LASIK technique. Ophthalmologists can use femtosecond laser technology to precisely open the corneal cortex due to its safety and speed of recovery.
Femtolysic surgery is used to correct long and short vision problems of varying degrees, from mild to moderate and severe, with or without aberrations.
Femto Smile process
The smile technique, the latest in laser refractive errors, involves using a femtosecond laser to make a very small incision at one end of the cornea. The excess portion of the retina after calibration, in the form of a small crescent, is done through a small incision that has been done before, such as LASIK and femtolasik surgery. Smile surgery is a minor surgical procedure that does not require general (full) or overnight anesthesia in the hospital and is performed using local anesthesia .
Retina operations in Turkey
Doctors determine the most appropriate treatment for each patient, including:
- retinal injection
- laser treatment
- surgical intervention
In addition to the treatment of dreaded retinal hemorrhage:
- Photocoagulation therapy
Lens implants in Turkey
Implantable lenses are one way to get rid of glasses and thin lenses, as they are used to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and keratoconus. Its types include:
- custom thin contact lenses
- Thin gas permeable contact lenses
- Rigid gas permeable lenses
- Hybrid contact lenses
Strabismus correction in Turkey
A condition in which the visual axes of the eyes do not intersect when looking at a particular object. It often appears in childhood, but acquired strabismus develops with age. There are several types of amblyopia that are determined by the direction of the deviation of the eyes:
- Horizontal Strabismus:
- Inner strabismus
- Vertical amblyopia:
- top thrust
- downward thrust
Correcting strabismus by stretching or relaxing the eye muscles. In some cases, strabismus can only be treated with surgical intervention. Strabismus surgery is available for both children and adults, and the operation takes one to two hours.
Prosthetic eyes in Turkey
Also known as a prosthetic eye or a cosmetic eye, it is performed when the eye is lost due to an accident, congenital causes, disease, cancer or deformity compared to the original eye. The manufacturing process becomes ready-made, detailed and mobile. This procedure is performed in one of the following ways:
- Resection: It is the process of separating the eye muscle and the optic nerve (including the eyeball and all the contents of the eye) and then attaching the transplanted eye to the eye muscle.
- Eye evacuation: removal of the inner eye contents while keeping the outer shell and eye muscles in place without damaging the eye muscles and optic nerve.
After surgery, a clear plastic sleeve is temporarily placed in the eye socket to help the eye recover, heal and develop into the desired shape, and after a few weeks, the clear shell is replaced with an artificial eye.
After determining the diagnosis and stages of keratoconus, the specialist will choose the appropriate surgical method. The procedures that are performed include:
- Ring implant procedure: This arched ring is surgically implanted into the edge of the cornea to reshape the front surface of the eye for clear vision.
- Topography-guided conductive keratoplasty: This treatment uses energy from radio waves applied to specific points on the cornea to reshape the surface of the cornea.
- Radial keratoplasty: A surgical procedure in which incisions are made inside the cornea in the form of radial lines to change its shape using LASIK and other devices to treat weakness and nearsightedness.
Some people with keratoconus cannot tolerate rigid contact lenses, or reach a point where contact lenses or other treatments no longer provide acceptable vision. Or partial transplant or artificial cornea transplant.
It connects the collagen fibers in the cornea in some way. After the eye is locally anesthetized, eye drops containing riboflavin are placed on the cornea, the epithelium is mechanically removed, and the doctor irradiates ultraviolet light. Light is applied to the cornea, which stimulates the collagen to harden, strengthen and protect them from swelling, a process that takes 60 to 90 minutes.
Cataract operations in Al Ain
There are several types of cataract surgery, but they all have one thing in common: the surgeon removes the cataract and replaces it with a manual operation. Surgery in one eye usually takes 15 to 20 minutes and does not require hospitalization, but in the case of cataract surgery in both eyes, your doctor will wait until your first eye has healed before operating on your second eye.
Turkey has many modern medical hospitals equipped with the latest medical equipment and professional medical staff, which makes Turkey an outstanding country in the field of ophthalmology.
Myopia correction surgeries
The demand for laser refractive surgery using lasers to correct vision problems has increased in recent years because it constitutes a solution for those who complain of wearing glasses and contact lenses due to refractive problems, such as: farsightedness and nearsightedness, as well as aberration problems, and the use of the laser beam to reshape the cornea is referred to as correction Farsightedness, myopia and astigmatism are collectively referred to as refractive problems.
The following operations are performed:
- LASIK eye surgery
- Femto LASIK operations
- Femto Smile process
Farsightedness is the ability to see more distant objects than close ones, but vision is generally blurred, which is what happens when the lens adjusts the convexity.
Laser keratoplasty (LASIK) has become the most common procedure among laser surgeries to correct vision problems, as it is an effective solution for treating all cycles of myopia and farsightedness, with or without aberrations.
Eye surgery costs in Turkey
The cost of eye surgery starts from $900, especially in Istanbul, the price of surgery varies across Turkey depending on the development and quality of the hospital. According to the aforementioned data, prices vary depending on the hospital. Hospitals with a good reputation and experience usually cost more than others. The surgeon supervising the surgery, if he has the experience and technique, will charge more than other doctors, in addition to the quality of the materials and equipment used, the technique also plays an important role in determining the correct diagnosis and surgery. The most appropriate process.
You may also be interested in: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and its treatment